All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of MV Electrical Foreman on or before 11 June 2021. Applications should be submitted to the following email address:
[email protected] with the subject line RE: Application for MV Electrical Foreman Position.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To maintain and repair all electrical equipment (Low Tension & Medium Tension) for the entire operation. To ensure that the electrical reticulation for the site is operated safely and that it maintains a high reliability.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• Diploma/ Degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in Medium / High Tension systems)
• Section 13/26D electrician trade certificate or relevant electrical certificate
• Valid medium voltage switching certificate
• Certificates pertaining to PFC bank maintenance, MV / HV overhead line maintenance, main substation maintenance,
electrical system condition monitoring and MV / HV electrical components & ring feed fault finding (Advantageous)
• 3 Years’ experience in Low Tension and Medium Tension mining and mine process plant electrician or heavy industry
• 5 Years’ experience in a Supervisory or management position (managing sections and people)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Oversee the provision of a safe working environments as per provisions of OSH Act and MHSA
• Manage and control the utilization of funds to ensure adherence to approved budgeted expenditure.
• Develop and implement career and succession plans to increase section and individual effectiveness
• Manages subordinates’ key performance areas by setting and monitoring performance standards and taking action to correct deviations to achieve the section’s objectives.
• Conduct MV, LV cable terminations and joints
• Maintain, repair and install electrical motors /Maintain and terminate mini-substations / Maintain, install and repair
starter boxes, /Repair and maintain electric pumps / Maintain transformers /Install and repair fans /Test electrical
equipment /Maintain substations /Conduct MV switching / Conduct fault finding
• Maintain and make recommendations to improve the maintenance system to achieve high reliability
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge and experience in working with: MV, LV, electrical motors, mini-substations, starters, DB’s, MCC’s, overhead lines, Power factor Correction banks, cable terminations, joints and transformers
• Knowledge of surface electrical reticulation
• Knowledge of electrical protection and grading
• Knowledge of testing of electrical equipment
• Electrical system condition monitoring
• Electrical fault finding
• Ability to do electrical maintenance and repairs on all electrical equipment on the mine and mine processing plant
• Trouble shooting
• Not afraid of working at heights or confined spaces
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.