Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Lesotho PEPFAR Faith and Community Initiative
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Lesotho (WVL) is currently recruiting for the position of M&E Officer, PEPFAR FCI. This position will lead all monitoring and evaluation activities across the PEPFAR Faith and Communities initiative project. This position will be responsible for ensuring project M&E activities align with PEPFAR M&E guidance and requirements.
Project Overview: The Faith and Communities Initiative Project is funded by the United States President’s Emergency Plan for HIV/AIDS Response (PEPFAR). Project has to engage faith and community structures to accomplish to main priority areas: a) reach men and children in the HIV Prevention and Treatment cascade and b) Strengthen Justice for Children through preventing sexual violence for boys and girls as well as linkage through the Justice Sector. World Vision Lesotho is a sub-awardee for this project under FHI360. WVL will be implementing the project across seven districts in Lesotho.
This position will be based at the National Office in Maseru and will supervise two field based Data Assistants. The M&E Officer will report to the Project Manager, with support from the WVL DME Manager.
- Support the project manager in the development of the logic of the intervention, as required, in accordance with PEPFAR COP guidance,
- Identify key PEPFAR prescriptive indicators and customize indicators as needed, in alignment with project objectives and activities,
- Follow PEPFAR methodologies for measuring indicators using participatory methods where possible
- Ensure monitoring plan follow’s PEPFAR COP guidance and requirements
- Adapt existing PEPFAR tools and methodologies to meet project requirements.
- Review and test the tools to ensure that data will be reliable, and modify them based on testing
- Coordinate monitoring processes and activities across the project sites.
- Provide on-site and at-distance encouragement and support to local staff as they conduct monitoring processes and activities
- Collate monitoring data from across project implementation areas to ensure PEPFAR requirements and targets are met
- Facilitating monitoring teams to identify own strengths and areas for improvement, to ensure accountability
- Facilitate scoping with key stakeholders, including ToR, strategic indicators, and to clarify what information is needed for each indicator
- Coordinate with field staff and partners to ensure the appropriate timing schedule for data collection and feedback
- Critically analyse and adapt plans as necessary to respond to field reality
- Develop and/or adapt standard PEPFAR tools in consultation with technical specialists and field staff/partners for qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Field test the tools with a limited number of households/children to ensure accuracy
- Develop data collection plans in accordance with PEPFAR guidance and requirements, which adequately supports the data collection process
- Recruit and train data assistants to ensure quality data is collected and entered
- Ensure the data collection process runs smoothly including the selection of the sample, the use of tools, and logistics
- Manage the safe storage of collected data and ensure policies and protocols for data protection are adhere to
- Develop an effective supervision structure for data assistants
- Supervise the process, data and staff, through observations, daily review and feedback
- Ensure all data is correctly uploaded in the PEPFAR DATIM database system
- Manage the analysis and interpretation process of both qualitative and quantitative data to ensure quality throughout
- Ensure data is correctly cleaned and prepared prior to analysis
- Share the preliminary findings with community members, staff and partners using appropriate means, to validate the findings and seek feedback on the process
- Write the baseline or evaluation report using validated data to highlight key findings and generate recommendations
- Facilitate reflection with Project and M&E staff to refine learning
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Qualifications, competencies and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Statistics, Economics, Project Management disciplines or related field.
- 4 years professional experience in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation with an NGO or donor.
- Direct M&E experience with PEPFAR programming is highly preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Fluency in Sesotho and English are required
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills;
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented individual with excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills;
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Must be a committed
Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required
Location: To be based at the World Vision Lesotho office in Maseru.
LOE: Full-time contact
Position is contingent on award of funding
Email application to: [email protected]
Closing date: 31 January 2020