Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Social Development.
POSITION : MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
GRADE : G
NO. OF POSTS : ONE (1)
DEPARTMENT : PLANNING & INFORMATION
Under the supervision of the Senior Economic Planner, the incumbent is expected to develop and implement a robust M & E system.
1. Facilitate production and consolidate monthly, quarterly, and annual
Monitoring & Evaluation reports for the department in collaboration with all partners.
2. Develop an M&E framework for the Ministry
3. Co-ordinate quarterly collection and analysis of data to inform performance indicators as reflected in Monitoring & Evaluation plan of the Ministry.
4. Undertake monitoring of implementation of plans.
5. Develop tools for data collection monitoring of social development programmes at district and community level.
6. Consolidate quarterly monitoring reports, containing summary data, reviewing overall performance against targets and making overall programme recommendations, including recommendations to improve programme performance.
7. Conduct operations research on various social development programmes to determine gaps in order to strengthen implementation
and determine activities that have greatest positive impact.
8. Provide Monitoring & Evaluation training to implementers at the district and community level to create capacity at all levels of implementation.
9. Disseminate the Monitoring & Evaluation products to stakeholders and the general public through workshops, meetings and through the internet.
10. Co-ordination of mid-term and annual
• Master’s in Economics/ Statistics with social
protection programs at
national, international, regional and community level
• Degree in Economics/ Statistics plus two (2)
years’ experience with social
protection programs at national, international, regional and community level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience in report writing of donor organizations.
• Computer competence including use of different spread sheets
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• People Management skills
All candidates who apply for position at Grade H level and above will be subjected to assessment process as per Public Service Regulations of 2008- Division III section 24 (1).
All applications should be on relevant forms, GP 104 for serving officers, and GP 103 for job seekers, accompanied by certified copies of Educational Certificates, Marriage Certificates for married women, Transcripts, Performance Appraisals (for serving officers), Landlines or mobile phones for contacts.
Application forms are available at Ministry of Social Development – Human Resource Office, 6th Floor, Moposo House and should be hand delivered to the same office.
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Social Development MASERU 100
Closing date 24th May, 2019