Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Technical Advisor will be responsible for overseeing the design, review, and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation plan, associated frameworks, methodologies, and systems for ICAP’s proposed CDC-funded project, Expanding Access to Quality Laboratory Service (EQUALS) in the Kingdom of Lesotho under PEPFAR (CDC-RFA-GH20-2044). The incumbent will oversee the project’s activities related to strengthening information and data management systems to efficiently capture
and utilize laboratory data to improve the efficiency of HIV services in Lesotho. This position is subject to final approval by the CDC.
• Facilitates and provides leadership to ensure effective design, review, and implementation of the project’s M&E plan, including the development of project outputs, performance indicators, and targets.
• Oversees staff in strengthening laboratory information and data management systems, including the revision and upgrade of the domestic laboratory information system (LIS) and linkage of patient records and district health information systems (DHIS2) to increase HIV services efficiency.
• Leads efforts to improve utilization of laboratory data for surveillance and improved program management and ensures efficient systems are in place for project staff to collect and compile relevant information for routine project reports and other special reports.
• Ensures improved adherence of laboratories to national and international M&E standards.
• Designs and oversees the implementation of M&E systems to collect, manage, and disseminate data for reporting progress towards the project’s objectives, laboratory efficiency in delivering services, and increased achievement of laboratory accreditation of the country’s laboratories.
• Supports the project team’s efforts in aligning activities with national and international policies, strategic plans, guidelines, and standard operation plans.
• Manages the provision of mentorship and supportive supervision on M&E activities to inform program planning and improved data quality and service delivery.
• Ensures that routinely collected data summaries are available promptly and a user-friendly format for regular use by the Principal Investigator (PI) and members of the technical team for program review and planning.
• In coordination with PI and technical staff, prepares consolidated reports that include concise narratives and relevant tables and graphs to meet report requirements for all donors and stakeholders.
• Leads project’s efforts to build capacity among the Ministry of Health (MOH) personnel in the area of M&E.
• BSc in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related fields
• Masters Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related fields would be an added
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications:
• At least eight years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in international public health or development projects.
• High-level computer skills, including the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS or SAS, and Epi-Info Windows.
• Strong data management and analysis skills, and advanced knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring.
• Experience working with the U.S. Government or other bi-lateral donors preferred and strong
familiarity with CDC reporting requirements.
• At least three years of experience living or working in a developing country; previous experience working in Lesotho.
• Written and spoken English proficiency.
The positions will require travel (up to 25%) to various districts and health facilities within Lesotho.
• Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via ICAP career page –
https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/ on or before September 25,2020 at 12:00 noon.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.