The strategic objective of this project is to increase the adoption of protective behaviors with a focus on safer sexual behaviors and supporting healthy social norms among adults and youth in Lesotho. Under the CID-LINK project the incumbent will collect, analyze and disseminate data generated through program activities, including part of Management Information Systems (MIS) and other sources, to ensure efficient and timely flow of data. This position is based at Maseru headquarters with up to 30% travel throughout 5-supported districts and reports to the Senior M & E and Research Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Introduce various productivity enhancing technologies to improve project data quality
• Lead development of district performance dashboards based on agreed parameters with
• Lead the process of documenting best practises in different districts that lead to improved performance
• Lead Capacity Building initiatives for district based M&E officers to improve their M&E related technical capacity
• Manage all aspects of PSI/Lesotho’s management information systems (MIS) in conjunction with MIS Specialist, including the maintenance of data collection tools used by field staff for data collection.
• Apply relevant statistical packages to analyze, interpret and summarize data to help program teams track progress against key indicators.
• Build the capacity of Research and M&E Officers through appropriate delegation, performance -based management, and regular communication
• Provided technical assistance and logistical support to DOD program for ART, VMMC and joint TB/HIV program monitoring and evaluation.
• Take a lead in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, for submission to government, PSI HQ and donors.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of surveys.
• Coordinate studies, in conjunction with the Senior Research and M&E manager, and serve as the primary coordinator for key studies and activities, as directed
• Take lead in designing strategies for routine data sharing on daily, weekly and monthly basis regarding program performance for all PSI programs
• Participate in data verification, RDQA and development of presentations for all PSI
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Degree in Statistics and/or Demography with research background
• 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or research design and implementation.
• Experience with data & management, preferably health management information systems (DHIS2) and DATIM
• Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Excel
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Data entry skills including excellent attention to detail and low incidence of data entry errors.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data and generate reports.
• Proficient computer literacy with knowledge of MS applications (including Access, Excel) and knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement systems necessary to maintain and analyze data.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should hand deliver a cover & letter, resume/curricula vitae (CV), list of 3-5 professional references (with contact information, supervisory references preferred), certified passport or ID copy and certified copies of all academic degrees/ certificates to the Senior Human Resources Manager, PSI Lesotho, 138 Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, Maseru, P.O Box 15863. While all application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The application submission deadline is 12:00 p.m. local time on Friday, 16th April 2021. Please note that late applications will not be considered.