Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (Adaptation Fund) G6 (122041)
WFP Lesotho seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BA in Statistics, Agricuture, Food Security or related field.
Experience: At least 5 years exeperience in developing monitoring & evaluation (M&E) system including preparation of data collection tools, capacity development for partners; data analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data and performance reporting of operationsORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
Under the overall supervision of the Project Cordinator and technical guidance from Head of M&E in WFP under the Adaptation Fund Project.JOB PURPOSE
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Prepare detailed monthly calendar of M&E activities for the project and report on related operational bottlenecks
- Develop the M&E Plan and ensure that it is regularly followed both at the country office and field level.
- Develop project baselines against project indicators, and regularly monitor all project indicators in line with the monitoring and evaluation framework and annual monitoring plans.
- Ensure that data collection tools are in accordance with the existing M&E log frame and are programmed.
- Provide training to the enumerators, field and government staff on monitoring data collection tools for outcome and process monitoring to ensure the achievements of output indicators.
- Prepare output monitoring reports against the project output indicators; provide analysis of achievement against each output indicator on monthly basis and share it with the Head of M&E unit and activity managers.
- Prepare monthly reports, share the monitoring findings on monthly basis and ensure that recommendation matrix are tracked regularly.
- Follow up with field offices on complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Assist Communication and Reporting Officer to follow up with FOs on timely submission of stories and pictures worth sharing.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIESOTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific jobDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- In-depth knowledge of results-based management principles and practices and M&E frameworks;
- Proven knowledge, abilities and skills in the areas of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Practical knowledge on how monitoring data is collected, compiled, analysed and presented for management decisions, programme adjustment and donor reporting;
- In-depth knowledge of statistical applications such as SPSS (statistical package for social sciences) and reporting systems; analytical skills;
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Willingness to build capacity of others through formal and informal training processes;
- Ability to facilitate and train different audiences; ability to prepare relevant documentation and training materials;
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines;
- Ability to effectively communicate orally.
TERMS AND CONDITIONSDEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submission of applications is 27 May 2020.