At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2022
Reporting to the MD: VCL Financial Services, the purpose of the role shall be to oversee the embedding of the AML program across VCL Financial Services as well as lead and supervise the AML team.
- In line with overarching business strategic objectives, ensures that AML compliance objectives are met and a robust compliance culture is fully embedded which align fully to the company strategy.
- Ensure that transaction monitoring of products and services is fully undertaken, and in short to medium term ensure that refinement of parameters and scenarios are commensurate to the risk presented from all areas of the business and be a point of contact for suspicious transactions reporting, and undertake investigation and reporting of transactions to the financial intelligence unit.
- Adopt processes and procedures which ensure that AML technical controls are implemented and optimised within every product and service before deployment and required compliance checks, approvals and sign offs obtained.
- Undertake overarching risk assessment on a regular basis which gives a reflection of the status of AML implementation and the risks facing the entity
- Perform products and services risk assessment to ensure that effective controls are put into effect before product go-live
- LLB Degree or equivalent
- Atleast 5 years experience in an AML function
- Proven understanding of AML, risk and compliance and strategy
Risk Management Process
Risk and Compliance
External trends and insights
Data Analytics and Insights
Policy and Standards
Business and Commercial Acumen
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.