MINE SURVEYOR VACANCY
Letšeng seeks to engage a qualified Mosotho professional with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of Mine Surveyor (Paterson Band CU).
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Mine Surveyor, the Mine Surveyor will be responsible for accurate measurement and recording of mine workings and infrastructure.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute production surveys according to short term production planning requests to achieve the long-term targets of the mine
• Ensure staking of blast blocks and geological boreholes as per requisition and according to survey Work Instructions
• Install bench elevation control as requested by production personnel to ensure required grade of pit benches
• Survey and calculate all ROM, final product stockpiles and waste according to the best survey practices
• Assist in compiling the month-end production report to ensure information is accurate and timeously distributed
• Perform and execute surveying on construction and civil structures / projects according to the requirements
• Measure all surface structures to update statutory plans, as well as for rehabilitation purposes
• Perform compliance to design surveys for dumps, ramps, rehabilitation and final pit boundaries
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Survey or Equivalent
• At least 3 years of relevant open pit mine surveying experience
• Advanced Certificate in Mine Surveying would be an added advantage
• Light Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• The ability to execute outputs with exactness and precision thereby eliminating errors.
• Advanced PC skills and computer literacy
• Proficiency in Survey software packages
• Candidate will be required to undergo a Medical Examination of fitness
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CVs to The Human Resources Office via email on [email protected] Applications should bear the reference: i95/259/MS.
CLOSING DATE: 4 December 2020.
DISCLAIMER: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.