MIET seeks to appoint a Communications and Advocacy Officer to be based in Morningside.
The purpose of the position will be Supporting the Communications and Materials Production Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation and delivery of the communications and advocacy objectives of the organisation.
Remuneration: Will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Conceptualise, develop, write and disseminate messages, information and results (both internal and external) of MIET AFRICA’s work to a variety of audiences (including donors, stakeholders, beneficiaries, government officials, school communities) and through a variety of vehicles and means (including social media, multimedia platforms, website, newsletters, reports and other printed materials)
- Ability to conceptualise campaigns and utilise innovative means to do so
- Plan and implement all social media activities and calendars as required
- Website and social media maintenance
- Maintain communications and production filing system: folders and files (electronic and hard copy)
- Proofreading and editing as required
- Relevant qualification (Journalism/ Communications or equivalent)
- Minimum three years’ communications/social media/content creation experience. (Journalism or PR experience would be an advantage)
- Copywriting skills
- Exceptional communication and grammar skills, both written and spoken
- Experience in managing content across all social networks
- Experience working in NGOs (specifically education) and/or government would be an advantage
- Computer literacy: WordPress and Microsoft Office package (including PPT)
- Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity
- Core competencies: planning and organization; good written and verbal communication skills to convey messages in a clear, concise and effective manner to different audiences; team and client orientation; innovation; ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- A valid drivers licence
Interested applicants should email:
- A letter of application, clearly stating “COMMUNICATIONS & ADVOCACY OFFICER”
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID
- Copy of qualifications
- Portfolio of written, published work
To: HR Department, MIET AFRICA
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure that you meet all the above requirements prior to submitting your application.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. MIET AFRICA reserves the right not to appoint a candidate for this post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
For more about MIET AFRICA , refer to https://www.mietafrica.com/