Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Metallurgical Laboratory Operator.
Responsible for safe and secure process sampling, sample analysis and results capturing in accordance with the assay schedule of the metallurgical operations. The function of the metallurgical laboratory is important to ensure productivity and efficiency targets are met.
Under the direct supervision of the Plant Metallurgist, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Carries out, and coordinates as appropriate, the safe and secure collection of representative samples from the various process streams in accordance with the metallurgical assay schedule.
• Liaises with process operational staff regarding the collection of samples as appropriate.
• Processes the required samples accurately and safely in accordance with the set laboratory procedures.
• Captures sample results accurately and timeously on the specified systems.
• Adheres to all safety, security, health and environmental policies and procedures in the areas of responsibility
• Records sampling information as per procedures
• Adheres to all relevant Policies, Procedures, Codes of Practice, and reports any incongruences
• Maintains good communication standards
• Seeks own development and learning opportunities within the Mine
Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness (no past and or present criminal record)
• Willingness to undergo integrity tests including polygraph tests regularly;
• Fit and physically strong;
• Free from vertigo and not colour blind.
Qualifications and experience
• COSC plus a metallurgy qualification will be an added advantage.
• At least one (1) year processing plant operational experience
• Knowledge of Metallurgical operations (specifically, scrubbers, crushers, Dense Medium Separation, etc.)
• Basic metallurgical plant operating skills
Skills and competencies
• Basic computer literacy and MS Office knowledge
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Actively shows willingness to work overtime, and be available for call-outs should the need arise
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Department Liqhobong Mining Development Company 5th Floor Letsie Office Park
The Human Resources Department
email: [email protected]
Liqhobong Mining Development Company Mine Site – Main Office Block
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 2nd August 2019
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted