The South African High Commission seeks to fill a position of Messenger/Driver as soon as possible. The closing date for applications is 08 March 2021.
The job description of the post is as follows:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Possession of a valid SADC driver’s license
• A minimum of 12 years schooling plus 2 years relevant experience.
• Good Knowledge of Maseru and Lesotho roads in general
• Computer literacy, good in English and Sotho (Additional languages will be an added advantage). and the ability to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment
• Minimum salary M49.917 – Maximun salary M113.148 per annum on level 3(LRP3)
The candidate will be expected to:
• Drive the staff to official appointment and perform other messenger duties, including handling and distributing mail and freight bags as instructed, delivery of VAT claims etc
• Perform chauffeur duties for the High Commissioner in absence of the chauffeur
• Ensure official vehicles are properly maintained and cleaned
• Assist with the movement of VIP visitors and other authorized official guests as requested
• Daily and monthly completion of trip authority and log book records
• Assist with the mission’s administrative duties, such as photocopying, switch board operation etc.
• Expected to work overtime when necessary
• Should have sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to observe and follow protocol and security procedures
The successful applicant will assume duty as soon as possible and the appointment is subject to police clearance certificate being presented prior to assuming duty as well as a medical certificate. Reference checking will also take place.
South Africans who are interested will be subjected to the Locally Recruited Personnel’s terms of employment (travelling, accommodation and resettlement will be for own expense). Application for relevant permits will be own responsibility to arrange.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) completed in English and certified copies of qualifications, as well as a list of references should be submitted by hand at the South African High Commission office, addressed to The Corporate Services Department.
South African High Commission
Cnr Kingsway and Old School Roads