There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
Mentors play a central role at OpenClassrooms: they support students 1 on 1 weekly to complete projects through video conference sessions. Mentors are also assessors who review students’ project work and validate whether the target competencies have been acquired. All the work is done and services delivered by mentors and assessors are overseen by the Mentorship Operations team.The Mentorship Manager has four core areas of responsibilities:
- Path management: You will be in charge of a selection of OpenClassrooms Paths. This entails closely tracking our business needs and growing community of students and partners to ensure that the mentor’s communities of your Paths develops accordingly. You will not only need to ensure that your Paths are fully staffed with experienced and qualified mentors to support the student as soon as they arrive. You will also interview and select based on candidates having the required technical and soft skills to be an effective mentor.
- Student learning experience: You will ensure that mentors share their knowledge and experience with students to accelerate competency acquisition. It is your responsibility to oversee the work of mentors in helping students have a positive learning experience; achieve learning goals, and get better equipped for the job market. This will involve reporting and KPI management specific to our Employer and Social Programs commitments.
- Mentor Success: Mentors are critical to the success of OpenClassrooms and one of your main missions is to ensure that mentors are set-up for success. This starts with the selection of candidates to onboarding and training opportunities to ensure that mentorship services are successfully delivered to match the widest range of student needs. Your mentor’s success responsibilities will go from resolving complex support issues to occasional 1-to-1 video conference calls, facilitating workshops with mentors. These responsibilities may also involve engaging directly with our Employer and Social Program partners.
- Project management: In addition to your core activities you will be required to lead initiatives and projects that improve mentorship operations and the service delivered to OpenClassrooms students. These projects will focus on one or more of the following: creating a richer learning experience; improving mentor performance; accelerating student progress; collaborating with internal and external stakeholders; and management of cohorts of students funded by strategic partners.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain and develop an excellent overview of the target competencies and prerequisites of your Paths
- Interview and select shortlisted mentor candidates
- Facilitate and lead mentor and assessor onboarding (including session checks, providing constructive feedback, etc)
- Develop mentor and assessor training resources and processes
- Provide second level mentor support on Zendesk for escalated issues (e.g. on courses and project content, assessments, student needs, etc.)
- Manage mentor performance issues, drive improvements
- Ensure mentor service delivery adapts to the needs of both students and business stakeholders (Apprenticeship, Employers, Social Programmes)
- Participate in client and partner meetings as required
- Collaborate closely with the Education & Student Success team for ongoing improvements in content, mentorship, assessment, student experience
- Lead mentor communications on Paths, mentorship, and assessments, etc
- Lead initiatives and projects that improve mentorship operations
- Manage KPIs and provide reporting on your activities as required
- Excellent people care: listening skills, capacity to identify issues and solving them to ensure outstanding Mentor and Student NPS
- Excellent interviewing skills to select the right candidates
- Excellent community management skills
- Capable of driving a variety of activities and projects in parallel with diverse stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the tech, dev, data, business ecosystems and talent marketplace
- Detail-oriented, analytical with a data-driven approach
- Capable of KPI management and impactful reporting for better decision-making
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate useless tasks and make business processes simple
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders including internal and external partners and clients
- Great English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in business, marketing or engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience ideally in Faculty Manager, Talent Manager, Partner Manager, Customer Success roles
- 3+ years of experience in EdTech or the broader Tech industry
- Familiarity with standard customer support, CRM and automation tools
- The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager.
- Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Mentorship Operations Director and the VP Mentorship, as well as a few other people from teams across the organization (Peers and HR)
- You will be asked to work on a short test.
- You will also be asked to provide us with 3 professional references.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. There is also a simplified “accompanying family” procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.