The Government of Lesotho has established Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) as a regulatory body for the Communications sector. The Authority is constituted by seven Board Members. This is a high profile statutory body that needs to be manned by persons of recognized competencies and integrity.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for four positions of Board members in the LCA Board of Directors.
In consultation and in unison with the Chairman and other Board Members, ensure the transparent and fair regulation of the communications sector in Lesotho.
Acting in accordance with the provisions of the Communications Act No. 4 of 2012 and other related regulatory instruments, the incumbents shall, inter alia, perform the following functions:
- Direct the LCA in the general implementation of the Communications
- Chart the direction which the LCA should follow in the implementation and
enforcement of the provisions of the Act;
- Critically review the recommendations of the Executive Management to grant, amend or revoke licences of communications and related services, whenever necessary;
- In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, proffer policy advice to the
Ministry responsible for communications and other stakeholders;
- Critically review submissions from the Executive Management related to the development of new or amendments to existing Rules; and
- Perform any other duties that may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board or other Authorities.
Applicants should have knowledge, qualifications or experience in one or
more of the following areas:
- Telecommunications/Electronic Engineering;
- Computer Science or Information Technology;
- Finance and Accounting;
- Broadcasting; or
- Business Practice.
The positions are open to Basotho nationals with the necessary qualifications and relevant experience but who do not have any direct commercial interest in the communications sector.
These are non-executive positions. The Board sits as stipulated in the Act, or as and when there is some business to transact.
Board members receive sitting allowances.
Applications are to reach the following address by 12Hrs00 on the 6th July 2018:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology
3rd Floor, Moposo House, Kingsway Road
P. O. Box 36
Maseru – 100.