Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centered HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis. The position is based at Mokhotlong Satellite Center of Excellence (SCOE).
Position: Medical Officer x1
Duties and Responsibilities
The medical officer will provide direct HIV and TB/HIV care and treatment as well as training, mentoring, and supervision in collaboration with DHMT officials as necessary. Medical Officer will directly report to Deputy Medical Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct clinical care services (diagnostic and therapeutic) to children, adolescents and families.
- Participate in the stabilisation of paediatric and adult patients in emergency situations and transfer of such patients to hospital settings.
- Identify clients with suspected or confirmed HIV treatment failure and present to ART Advisory Committee as needed.
- Maintain proper record keeping of all activities with regard to patient care, national statistics and research activities.
- Train, mentor, and supervise other health professionals at Baylor health facilities, supported hospitals and health centres HIV and TB/HIV prevention, diagnosis & management.
- Provide clinical review of complicated paediatric and adult HIV cases.
- Identify patients with treatment failure and manage 2nd line and 3rd line regimes as needed.
- Collaborate with DHMT officials to improve paediatric, adolescent & HIV care and treatment within the district.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding implementation of activities.
- Supervise SCOE staff including managing their performance, staff appraisals and leave requests
- Support other BCMCFL implemented projects activities.
- Perform other duties that are assigned by the administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Medical degree – MD, MBBS, MBChB
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS and TB/HIV clinical care
- Current valid registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council as a General Practitioner
- Knowledge and experience in paediatric HIV and TB/HIV clinical care is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in quality improvement is an added advantage
How to apply: Interested Basotho candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity document, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 23rd July 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be done through email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.