Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions available under Expanding HIV/TB Clinical Services (ETHICS) Project on a full-time, contract (renewable) basis.
Medical Officer x 3 (Re-advertisement)
Possible placement at one of the following Baylor Lesotho’s Satellite sites:
- Botha-Bothe (Ethics Project)
- Baylor Satellite COE Mokhotlong
Baylor Satellite COE Qacha’s Nek
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provide direct clinical care services (diagnostic and therapeutic) to children, adolescents and families.
- Participate in the stabilisation of paediatric and adult patients in emergency situations and transfer of such patients to hospital settings.
- Identify clients with suspected or confirmed HIV treatment failure and present to ART Advisory Committee as needed.
- Maintain proper record keeping of all activities with regard to patient care, national statistics and research activities.
- Train, mentor, and supervise other health professionals at Baylor health facilities, supported hospitals and health centres HIV and TB/HIV prevention, diagnosis & management.
- Provide clinical review of complicated paediatric and adult HIV cases
- Identify patients with treatment failure and manage 2nd line and 3rd line regimes as needed.
- Collaborate with DHMT officials to improve paediatric, adolescent & HIV care and treatment within the district
- Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding implementation of activities
- Perform other duties that are assigned by the administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Medical degree – MD, MBBS, MBChB
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS and TB/HIV clinical care
- Registered with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council as a General Practitioner
- Knowledge and experience in paediatric HIV and TB/HIV clinical care is an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in quality improvement is an added advantage
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 06th March 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.