The following positions are open for suitably qualified Basotho Nationals at JHPIEGO
JOB TITLE: Medical doctors (5)
• Provide advanced respiratory care to moderate – severe ARDS SARS-COV-2 patients admitted in the High Care Unit/Treatment centers during day/night shifts, weekends, and holidays as per allocation.
• Identify and escalate patients failing on maximum conventional oxygen support to Heated High Flow Nasal Oxygen.
• Manage associated co-morbidities of hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
• Lead the clinical teams to ensure that a comprehensive clinical care, management and monitoring is afforded to all patients.
• Carry out other medical duties that admitted patients may necessitate during their stay in hospital.
• Provide mentorship and supervision to other clinical and ancillary staff to provide quality care services for COVID-19 pneumonia patients.
• Supervise proper and sustained implementation of CMFs and M&E tools
• Realize case management conference, case discussion meetings, mortality reviews as per request.
• Facilitate trainings and mentorship of temporarily attached from other sites of hospitals.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Clinical degree in medicine (MBBS); post-graduate training in emergency medicine or infectious diseases preferred.
• Valid registration with the Lesotho Medical, Dental & Pharmacy Council.
• Experience planning and working in clinical care settings within the treatment centers; experience in contact tracing and/or infection prevention and control program preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with USAID programs and familiarity with USG reporting requirements
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only. Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two letters of reference (one from current employers), identity documents, certified copy of recent retention certificate from relevant professional body and certified copy of licensure issued by relevant professional body if applicable. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent to Jhpiego Office, email address: [email protected] or hand delivered to Jhpiego Office Dolphin House #2, ground floor, 23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area Maseru by 12pm ion Friday, 3rd September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.