Media Specialist (Daimler Trucks & Buses and Mercedes-Benz Vans)
Objective of the job:
Daimler Trucks & Buses Southern Africa has an exciting position for a Media Specialist. The incumbent will be responsible for pro-actively managing the external perception, image and reputation of multiple brands through targeted media strategies, media relationship building, and external corporate profiling opportunities whilst fostering positive media coverage. To achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with the relevant brand marketing and divisional managers in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E.Q. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E.Q. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media (national and international), that can be leveraged to disseminate company information in the form of well researched, factually correct and timeous media releases and advertorials. To use information from media monitoring and research to identify relevant media and trends, while ensuring that messages are targeted to the publication/station. Align our International position, systems processes and guidelines – Relating to A23 policy.
- Media Platforms: Prepare, draft and action the work, with corporate identity standards, with the final copy approved and signed off by relevant individual before publication / distribution. That the messages are published within agreed time frames, in clear, concise and relevant context with the accurate use of grammar and spelling. Tone to vary, promotion of Great place to Work, key messages and profiling of leadership. Always be fair and consult to ensure alignment of Daimler Trucks & Buses & Vans Divisions. Support and feedback to Internal Communications Specialist on activities after relevant meetings.
- Consultancy: To be an active consultant and advisor to help business make use of all systems, processes and platforms, which is available to leverage. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal, external stakeholders, agencies and the media according to company policies and procedures. Liaise regularly by conducting personal visits, telephonic follow-ups, attending various relevant activities and email.
- Budget Management: Manage and keep inventory on all projects and travel that impact the budget.
- Continuous Improvement: All operational activities to be actioned accordingly.
- Knowledge and understanding of communication techniques and strategy integration
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of media and journalism
Presentation and writing skills
Profiling and spokesperson skills
Solid Interviewing knowledge
Excellent customer satisfaction
- 5 years communication experience in a corporate/PR environment/Journalism
- Good knowledge and understanding of media strategies, media management and expectations
- People Management
- Project Management
- Automotive experience (an added advantage)
In possession of a driver’s licence
Damiler Trucks and Buses Southern Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- Foreign nationals must qualify for a work visa/permit as per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002.
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
- Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities.
Only applications submitted online www.daimler.com/career will be considered. Applications sent by email WILL NOT be considered. Email address provided for query purposes only.
IMPORTANT: For an optimal selection process, please attach all relevant documents.
Closing date is 13 February 2019.
Primary Location : South Africa-Gauteng-Centurion
Work Locations : MBSA-Wierda Road, Zwartkop 123 Wierda Road Zwartkop, P.O Box 10829 Centurion 46