MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN ( Grade 9/HRL15)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN to assist the Head of Maintenance and plant mechanical Foreman by carrying out project work, maintenance tasks and technical investigations in line with the plant maintenance strategy and project objectives
This role reports into the Head of Maintenance
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Creating technical specifications, procedures, enquiry documents, Capital and Renewal project applications.
- Adjudicate quotations as part of the selection of the successful contractor process.
- Manage Capital and Renewal projects. This includes, liaison with, supervision of and motivation of project team members, detailed planning, reporting and cost control.
- Provide specialist maintenance skills (SME) to section in terms of specific plant and equipment where basic mechanical skills or knowledge is lacking.
- Perform fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput.
- Assist with plant breakdowns where necessary and provide support to plant Foremen.
- Utilise all Sappi systems in the execution of the maintenance strategy and realization of the maintenance objectives.
- Execution and supervision of work being done during plant shut down.
- Investigate the root cause of frequent failures and high cost maintenance equipment where after solutions are derived and implemented.
- Identify and execute cost saving projects.
- Perform over inspections and perform lockout audits.
- Develop Best Practices /QCP’s for maintenance activities.
- Perform Mill wide Mechanical Technician standby as and when required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- National Diploma Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 Years practical experience.
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience advantageous
CLOSING DATE: 28 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.