Letšeng seeks to engage a qualified Mosotho national with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the position of MECHANICAL ARTISAN (PATTERSON BAND CL).
To carry out maintenance on electromechanical plants at the Utilities and Diesel depot plants.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use prescribed PPE and tools correctly to ensure safety and compliance to HSE procedures and protocols
• Ensure work is carried out neatly and safely adhering to HSE rules and regulations, and good housekeeping practices
• Carry out scheduled periodic plants inspections according to respective schedule including inspection of ablution facilities
• Provide and reinforce first line maintenance training to plant operators and assistant plant operators
• Develop and maintain maintenance schedules for all mechanical and electrical equipment in the utilities and diesel depot plants
• Undertake periodic/routine maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment as per the schedule and Keep updated inventory of equipment used by utilities and diesel depot plants
• Troubleshoot and monitor plants equipment for potential failures and attending to prior to damage
• Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
• Attend to emergency breakdowns and reports defects/abnormalities and emergencies to the supervisor for mitigation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum Diploma in Electromechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Minimum of 3–5 years working experience
• Code B driver’s licence that is older than 3 years
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods and techniques applied in the execution of plant maintenance
• Mechanical maintenance with sound electrical background
• Knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures applicable to the plants environment to ensure that work outcomes are compliant to the policies and procedures
• Administrative skills
• Computer literacy
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to the Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email them to [email protected]
Closing date: 16th October 2020.
Disclaimer: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.