Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a MEAL Officer– Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho:
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. “Support to Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho” is a multi-donor action funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development in support of the Government of Lesotho and SADC, implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. CRS will contribute to this program through a grant to engage with civil society and grassroots communities to advance the ICM movement in Lesotho.
As MEAL Officer of the CRS-implemented “Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho” project, you will build project capacity in monitoring and evaluation by guiding, supporting, designing and implementation of MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) systems and procedures that are appropriate, effective and cost-efficient. You must effectively manage relationships with CRS and partner staff and support them in creating and implementing MEAL systems that will lead to improved program quality. You will analyze data and provide technical input on MEAL during project reviews and project designs.
Roles and Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitors project compliance with MEAL Policies and Procedures and communicates results to project leadership for action
- Trains CRS staff, partner staff and volunteers in conducting field-based MEAL activities
- Provides input to MEAL system design and review discussions
- Supervises quality data collection and management activities
- Leads simple analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data
- Contributes and shares initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions
- Fosters respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in MEAL work
- Implements activities according to MEAL DIP
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- At least 3 years of experience relevant to job responsibilities
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,) or other similar applications, database management, statistical software (SPSS), spreadsheets and graphics.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability in collaborative/team work.
Required Languages: Strong written and oral English skills
Travel Required: Up to 50% field travel, including to remote/mountainous areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Very good analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Good reporting skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 13th March 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: MEAL OFFICER CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.