Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a MEAL Officer in Maseru, Lesotho.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will build project capacity in monitoring and evaluation by guiding, supporting, designing and implementation of MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) systems and procedures that are appropriate, effective, and cost-efficient. You must effectively manage relationships with CRS and partner staff and support them in creating and implementing MEAL systems that will lead to improved program quality. You will analyze data and provide technical input on MEAL during project reviews and project designs.
Roles and Key Job Responsibilities:
- Monitors project compliance with MEAL Policies and Procedures and communicates results to project leadership for action
- Trains CRS staff, partner staff and volunteers in conducting field-based MEAL activities
- Provides input to MEAL system design and review discussions
- Supervises quality data collection and management activities
- Leads simple analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data
- Contributes and shares initial findings and field-based insights to project discussions
- Fosters respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in MEAL work
- Implements activities according to MEAL DIP
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields
- At least 3 years of experience relevant to job responsibilities
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,) or other similar applications, database management, statistical software (SPSS), spreadsheets and graphics.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability in collaborative/teamwork.
Required Languages: Strong written and oral English skills
Travel Required: Up to 50% field travel, including to remote/mountainous areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Very good analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, and mentoring skills
- Good reporting skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 27th October 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject: MEAL Officer CRS LS. Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.