Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
M&E Officer * 2
Duties and Responsibilities
The M&E Officer will assist in monitoring and evaluation of all donorfunded activities of BCMCFL. He/She will also be responsible for timely completion of all project reporting requirements. In coordination with M&E Coordinator and Projects Coordinator, the M&E officer will assist in development of short and long-term monitoring and evaluation plans to assess the achievement of programmatic goals and objectives. The M&E Officer will support all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting of outcomes to donors, funders, and other relevant stakeholders. M&E Officer supports and supervises M&E Assistants who are district based to ensure and coordinate the following activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop data collection and data analysis tools for the project;
• Train team members on the use of new and existing tools;
• Ensure proper documentation in Ministry of Health registers or reports;
• Ensure proper documentation in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and e-register;
• Assist in performance of data quality assessments and improvements;
• Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and ad-hoc M&E reports;
• Use reports to provide feedback to project implementers;
• Collaborate with M&E Coordinator to provide feedback and guidance to management on proposed adjustments to programming based on performance and achievement of targets;
• Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested;
• Participate in relevant research activities;
• Identify areas for quality improvement and support implementation of quality improvement activities;
• Assist teams, and individuals in implementation and monitoring of quality improvement initiatives;
• Mentor team members on data management and M&E skills
• Conduct training and lecture activities which support enhanced data management and M&E skills;
• Assist projects in development and implementation of Balanced Score;
• Perform other duties that are assigned by the Administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Degree from a recognized university in Statistics, Demography, Public Health or other relevant discipline
• Minimum three (4) years of experience in providing M&E support to health or development projects
• Experience with Global Fund or PEPFAR projects will be an added advantage
• Experience in the use of database computer packages, preferably experience with one or more of the following programs: SQL, MS Excel, STATA and SPSS
• Experience using mhealth applications such as Commcare
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and spoken English with strong report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and with strong organizational and planning skills
• Willingness to travel
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.