M&E Coordinator (ECHO DRR III Project)
Report to: ECHO Project Manager
Duration: Fixed contract: 2 years
Purpose of the Position:
Oversight of the M&E activities for optimal measurement of overall project goal and objectives and impact for accurate reporting.
• Strengthen the capacity and technical monitoring in M&E of the M&E Officers
• Coordinate the implementation of the essential processes and mechanisms of the program performance and impact monitoring and evaluation strategy and guidelines.
• Oversee and ensure the quality preparation of required project reports (quarterly, mid-term and final) or any other required report) to the Support Office/ donor
• Ensure knowledge building and sharing, and performance management in the area of planning and M&E
• Supervision of M&E staff
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A bachelor’s degree in statistics, Management of Information Systems and / or related disciplines.
• 3 years experience in program management and implementation of multispectral projects
• Direct M&E experience with EU programming is preferred.
• A very good knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation / good experience in writing monitoring and evaluation tools (Logical framework, monitoring plan, detailed implementation plan, etc.).
• Knowledge of Disaster Management and competence in disaster surveillance.
• A solid experience in M&E of disaster preparedness programs in which systematic input, output and process data has been collected and used to guide programming.
• A very good experience with the Grants/donors.
• 2-3 years professional experience in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation with an NGO or donor.
• Analysis and interpretation of data
• Communication and networking skills
• Report writing skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Communicate both technical input and child well-being issues clearly and simply
• Strong facilitation skills
• Use of appreciative inquiry, listening and analytical skills
• Analytical and use of research skills as applied to M&E
• Statistical skills such as sampling, descriptive and inferential statistics, confidence levels (Software and computation skills)
• Project management tools and their use
• In depth knowledge of programme design processes and products
• Use logic to identify key information from a body of information.
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
• Must have good Human Resource skills – including coaching and mentoring, motivational, identifying training needs on M&E related.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Office-based with travel to the field
Travel: domestic travel.
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link ONLY: [email protected]
Closing date 13th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.