Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
M&E Assistant *6
Based in the following districts:
Leribe * 1
Mokhotlong * 1
Qacha’s Nek * 1
Quthing * 1
Thaba-Tseka * 1
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the M&E Officer, the M&E Assistant will support all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting of outcomes to facilities, Community project, BCMCFL, DHMT and MOH. Ensure proper filing of M&E documents including registers, patient files, questionnaires, monitoring reports and datasets among others. Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified. M&E Assistant support facility based and community-based projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Captures data in relevant data collection tools
• Ensures source documents are maintained for future reference and securely kept
• Provides support to project staff on proper use of data collection tools
• Ensures that the team does proper documentation in Ministry of Health registers or reports
• Assists in performance of data quality assessments and improvements
• Compiles weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other ad-hoc M&E reports
• Uses reports to provide feedback to teams, facilities and DHMT
• Monitoring of registers from time to time to ensure mistakes are identified and rectified timeously
• Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested
• Participate in relevant research activities
• Identify areas for quality improvement
• Performs any other duty that may be assigned by administration from time to time.
• Support implementation of e-register at supported sites
• Perform other duties that are assigned by the Administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Degree from a recognized university in Statistics,
Demography, Public Health or other relevant discipline
• Minimum three (2) years of experience in providing M&E support to health or development projects
• Experience with Global Fund or PEPFAR projects will be an added advantage
• Experience in the use of database computer packages, preferably experience with one or more of the following programs: SQL, MS Excel, STATA and SPSS
• Experience with mhealth applications such as Commcare
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and spoken English with strong report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and with strong organizational and planning skills
• Willingness to travel
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.