This role forms part of our MarketingTeam and is based in Wadeville, Johannesburg.
In this role you will be required to support globally focused effort across Eaton to profitably grow business in Africa. You will develop and drive communications strategy/plan that is complimented/enhanced by business marketing communications designed to create higher visibility and understanding of Eaton’s businesses and expanding products and services in Africa. The role is responsible for effective coordination of external and internal communications and relations with African business and trade media and will oversee marketing communications for corporate and business lines, including key vertical segments, to support growth in Africa.
- Manage/maintain communications program and strategy with the support of Manager, Communications EMEA and General Manager.
- Work with marketing colleagues (product management team, Electrical communications specialists, Marketing specialists) to support execution of marketing plans, including marketing communications outreach.
- Coordinate and develop relations with Africa business and trade media; oversee PR agency performance with the support of Manager, Communications, EMEA. Support generation of feature stories from successful customer solutions and where Eaton is a major mention.
- Drive internal communications initiatives• Build the Eaton brand through superior marketing and corporate market focus programs. Promote and advance external, internal, marketing communications standards in working with EMEA HQ, the business entities in Europe and at Eaton Center
- Actively interface with Eaton’s EMEA Headquarters communications team as well as business unit marketing communications professionals in EMEA and the United States to help position local communications plans. Drive Eaton Public Affairs programm.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum qualification required is a Degree in Marketing, specialising in Communications.
- At least 3 years experience in Internal and External Communications.
- Technical knowledge in writing of corperate articles
- Experience working with PR Agency and owning the relationship
- Soft skills – Good communication skills
What we offer:
- At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry—a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
- Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No