EMD: MD 196 DATE: 12/11/2020
The Lesotho Electricity Company (LEC) Board of Directors herewith invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic and visionary candidates for the position of Managing Director, on a five-year, performance-based contract.
The Managing Director shall be responsible for the smooth and efficient operations of LEC in order to achieve sustainability. The incumbent will oversee business operations and provide strategic leadership, responsible for shaping and implementing strategic plans and company policies, maintaining an open dialogue with key stakeholders, and driving organizational success.
The ideal candidate shall be in possession of a post-graduate qualification in Business Management, Law, Engineering, Economics or related disciplines, with a degree in Electrical Engineering as an added advantage. The candidate should also possess a minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant post-qualification experience, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position, and have a demonstrable record and experience as a Managing Director or other relevant senior managerial position.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to develop a vision and a proven track record of translating concepts into practice, and research into action.
• Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company.
• Strong understanding of financial and operational management issues, budgeting and fiscal control, corporate finance and measures of performance.
• Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, strategic planning and presentation skills, organisational and leadership skills.
• Strong leadership capacity and ability to lead a senior management team, as well as support and foster a healthy inter-disciplinary and multi-business unit working environment.
• Personally resilient, with the ability to assess and influence internal and external forces to the advantage of the Company.
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
• Leading the planning, management, overall quality and improvement of all aspects of LEC’s operations.
• Ensuring compliance with all Board resolutions approved policies and budgets.
• Coordinating the activities of, and assessing the performance of Senior Management.
• Directing the implementation of the Government of Lesotho’s (GOL) electrification programme and ensuring timely completion of projects in accordance with approved budgets and contractual deadlines, specifications and any other quality and safety-related provisions.
• Ensuring successful implementation of the approved Business Plans.
• Liaising with GOL on relevant policy issues.
• Approving and ensuring that all capacity building and training management strategies of the Company drive employee competency and meet business requirements.
• Leading compliance with the LEC Delegation of Authority.
• Presenting relevant information to, and disseminating same from the LEC Board to the Executive Management Committee.
• Leading adherence to and proper utilisation of the approved corporate budget.
• Representing the Company at all official forums and acting as the contact person on behalf of GOL and the LEC Board with all relevant stakeholders.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes, clearly stating the position the candidate is applying for, and hand-delivered to the Company Secretary- at the LEC Head Office, or email to [email protected] on or before 26-11-2020 at 12:30 hrs. Reference should be made to EMD: MD 196 on all applications.