Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
To provide full financial management services to various areas in the bank, through engagement and the leading of teams. Develop and implement processes, systems and controls in the finance area.
- Adhere to sound financial principles in addition to implementing and challenging sound financial principles for the various areas
- Assume responsibility for finance work streams within various project committees and ensure all finance impacts have been considered & implemented within deadlines.
- Interpret and analyses the impact of business activities on total costs and take proactive action as required.
- Approve all relevant financial reports.
- Deliver on ad hoc requests from group finance and business in a timeous manner.
- Implement, manage and review commentary for all monthly financial reporting.
- Establish, maintain and challenge key financial controls over the monitoring and reporting of trial balance.
- Complete and/or review analytical investigations on a continuous basis as well as ad hoc projects.
- Continuous adherence to all existing policies and procedures and sharing these across the area to promote standardisation and best practice and adherence to existing policies.
- Ensure preparation and review of management accounts in a timely manner to all relevant stakeholders.
- Implement and co-ordinate all aspects relating to the annual budgeting, revised estimates, forecasts and actuals processes.
- Enforce adoption of group strategy.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Finance / B Commerce
- B Commerce with Honours/CIMA/CA
- 3-4 Years experience in a financial or management accounting
role3-4 Years Banking Experience
Financial & Accounting Control
Planning forecasting & Budgeting
Interpreting Financial Statement
Preparing Financial Statement