Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
The incumbent is responsible for management of Standard Lesotho Bank Data Centres as well as the Bank’s data engineering. The role of Manager, Data Engineering therefore includes overseeing the activities of the Data Centre department and personnel for planning, designing, implementing, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to both Production and Data Recovery Data Centres. Data Engineering Manager oversees Data Centres equipment maintenance and inventory, customer service and employee management.
Again, the incumbent oversees designing, developing, and implementing data technology for the business. It is the responsibility of Manager, Data Engineering to build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
– Managements of the Data Centre support unit and ensuring its smooth and efficient operation
– Responsible for End of Day activities and support of branches and scheduling of shifts
– Ensure the Security and Integrity of the Production Data Centre and Data Recovery Data Centre
– Performs Capacity Planning and Management of both Production and Data Recovery Data Centres by coordinating with IT and business teams and to develop strategies to ensure achievement of Data Centre Capacity
– Leads the process to evaluate and select new technologies
– Continually review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
– Approves major changes on Data Centres
– Manages Information and Technology lifecycle in Data Centres
– Develops and Maintain all Data Centre standards, procedures, health and safety, and day to day infrastructure performance issues
– Ensures that the both Data Centres are maintained and operational 24/7 by providing daily audits and reporting about the performance level of services and provision of the assurance that appropriate disaster recovery mechanisms are in place
– Leads Data Centre engineering projects and supervise staff on site to ensure projects tasks are fully delivered to the right standard
– Performs troubleshoot on Data Centre, identify issues and assist in timely resolution of same
– Develops and maintain critical Data Centre contingency equipment
– Develops and maintain inventory stock of Data Centre equipment
– Ensure client satisfaction and provide optimal level of customer services for various departments
– Maintain expert knowledge on all business procedures associate with assets and capacity.
– Monitor all functional resources required for growth and ensure appropriate working.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology/Engineering.
- At least 5-year experience in any of the following areas: IT security, Infrastructure, Technical, support, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Programming, Database Administration, Systems Analysis
- Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with data modelling skills.
- Possess a Data Centre certification or equivalent.
- At least 3 years working experience in a support role.
- Knowledge of CISCO, UNIX, Microsoft Operating Systems with certification in at least one of these.
- A good understanding of Communications and Networking combined with sound knowledge of Computer hardware and peripherals.
- Good communications skills.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Banking/Financial industry.
- Certification/Active Membership of a professional organisation would be an added advantage
- Data Centre engineering or equivalent
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Technically competent with knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods and infrastructure
- Must understand the Bank’s Core systems