BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect:
Responsible to lead and develop the EU/OS Customer Service Hub in South Africa. By driving the implementation of key Customer Service objectives the incumbent has to ensure the highest level of service towards internal and external customers. The position is a key member of the Supply Chain Management Team in Africa; getting buy in and making decisions on organizational and tactical levels. Core responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead, manage, develop and empower the Customer Service team members
- Roll out and implement the EU/OS Customer Service strategy
- Manage the Supply Chain processes linked to the Customer Service team activities to ensure LEAN principles and new technologies are applied
- Guide and support the Sales teams to find the best customer service solutions
- Manage relationships with service platforms to enhance the team’s network with BASF
- Form an integral part of the Local Supply Chain Management team, ensure BASF values are lived and a culture of constant search for improvement is instilled
- Ensure excellent service to the key stakeholders
- Supporting Sales growth through driving effective customer service and supply chain processes and providing solutions for sales challenges throughout the supply chain
What we expect:
- Academic background, Honours or Masters degree (minimum Bachelor degree) in Business Administration, Supply Chain or comparable field
- 5 years experience in leading a team. Experience in customer facing functions, forecasting, planning and inventory management will be beneficial in this position
- Excellent PC, Microsoft office (Outlook + OneNote, Excel) skills are required. High knowledge of SAP (specifically SD and MM modules) would be beneficial
- Strong Customer Service Management experience is a must
- Good knowledge, understanding and previous involvement in projects and project management would be an advantage
- Ideal position for a motivated and agile individual who has a high level of initiative, the drive and enthusiasm to use their skills to enhance and influence the growth of the business
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
BASF is an equal opportunity employer where we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications: 22 March 2019