POST TITLE : MANAGER BUSINESS APPLICATIONS (IT) – FOUR (4) YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT (CONTRACT RENEWABLE BASED ON PERFOMANCE)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : ADMINISTRATION – IT
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR – ICT
Under general supervision of the Director ICT, The Manager of Business Applications owns the Business Applications portfolio and provides a software development and support service to meet the demands of the business. The portfolio includes many business-critical applications such as the Student Information System, Finance and HR systems. The Manager will also develop the portfolio strategy and assess the capability of current systems and emerging technology to advice the business effectively. The Manager will need to develop and lead a skilled team and support them as their line manager in their day-to-day operational work and throughout their career development. The Manager must ensure that the resources available to them are effectively managed and planned including designing efficient support models and providing technical leadership to projects and change (such as accurate planning information, estimates and task dependencies, assisting in the recruitment of appropriate contractors and directing the work of developers).
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Define and execute the portfolio strategy, including the vision for how services will drive positive student experiences, foster greater collaboration and better support learning, teaching and research at LP.
- Develop and utilise the portfolio to meet business requirements and bring the highest degree of benefit to the end users.
- Provide leadership and line management to the staff assigned to the team, leading with passion, enthusiasm and integrity.
- Be the main point of contact and advice for best practice in your area of expertise.
- Working within IT policies and architecture: analyse, design, build, test and release applications on time and to specification to deliver the required benefits.
- Plan, prioritise and perform upgrades, fix requests or minor enhancements, including development & testing.
- Create and maintain up to date Production Systems Architecture diagrams for each application within the Portfolio alongside standard IT Technical documentation deliverables throughout the system life cycle.
- Work as a Project Manager where appropriate.
- Provide full-service delivery responsibility undertaking structured planning to ensure: sufficient system capacity is made available; that renewal plans to replace obsolete or at-risk technology are timely; and that SLAs with the business are being met or exceeded.
- Provide second- and third-line support for those services within the teams remit and act as an escalation for technical difficulties, complex or urgent queries, issues and incidents.
- Plan and provide resources and expertise to support the delivery of larger application projects and programmes, managing contracted resources where applicable.
- Support the implementation and effective operation of ITIL processes including change, request, service, incident, capacity and problem management.
- Manage security, user rights and comply with information-related legislation.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, driving innovation and effective change to improve current services or be built into new services.
- Manages and works with cross-team projects.
- Effectively leads team efforts and integrate the skills and strengths of individuals across teams for project and organizational success.
- Accomplish department/division objectives by supervising employees and monitoring their progress and performance.
- Maintain departmental staffing by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Develop employees within their roles via coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees.
- Conduct regular check-ins with all direct reports to monitor performance, track progress on the completion of work duties and responsibilities and discuss successes and challenges.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
NB* Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5 years’ cumulative experience in Information and Technology field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 7 years’ cumulative experience in Information and Technology field.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision.
- Be able to work with students from different back round.
- Be willing to supervise students for extra – mural activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. OR send by E-mail to [email protected]
The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 12th AUGUST, 2022 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16