To review and assess the high risk areas of the business in order to give assurance to the Group Audit Committee, Business Executives and Shareholders that good governance practices are in place and internal controls are exercised throughout the financial period. Provide support in ensuring the achievement of the Group Internal Audit function mission which is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that are designed to add value and improve Group operational controls. Support Group Internal Audit in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Review and implement functional and service strategy
- Understand the GIA strategy and its link to Group Strategy.
- Understand and Comply with the GIA standards and methodology as defined and supported by the audit tool.
- Execute allocated operational plans in line with the GIA strategy.
- Create and manage component of overall project plan. Meet assigned budget and project milestones. Provide formal weekly project status updates/reporting.
- Contribute to definition and delivery of team goals and KPIs to support delivery of GIA annual performance goals.
- Provide input to all committee reports as required
Manage relationships for allocated portfolios
- Build and foster a good relationship with business units, enabling functions, risk and compliance management stakeholders (all relevant levels of management impacted by the service) especially those working in your allocated audit portfolio – through regular communication and formal status reporting.
- Build and foster a good working relationship with internal audit teams and colleagues (all relevant service teams and management levels) to promote cross skilling and optimise cross team delivery – through regular communication.
- Understand detailed business process activities as well as activities performed in enabling functions that support these.
- Understand annual key risk concerns for the business area as well as industry and latest trends impacting risk and control practices
Maintain core competency (technical) knowledge and best practice within portfolio. Review and provide feedback to GIA Operations regarding updates / enhancements required to GIA Standards and Methodology.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement (to accountable process owners) in the control environment of your allocated audit portfolio and other areas of the group.
- Report or share information on emerging trends and potential solutions for addressing control weaknesses, process efficiency challenges or resolving open audit issues.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in relevant field of study (Accounting , Finance) or Chartered Accounting or CIA
- 3-4 Years relevant experience
- Maintain Internal Audit Professional Practices
- Promote good governance Risk and control
- Champion Improvement and manage change
- Management of Audit Function
- Effective Business Communication/written communication
- Business Acumen