Management Forester Khulisa North – Facilitator ( HRL 15 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To co-ordinate and facilitate training interventions for Khulisa growers, contractors and staff to ensure efficient service delivery in line with quality standards and the best operating practices within Sappi Khulisa, so to contribute to the sustainable lively hoods of growers and contractors
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
- Plan and organize training programs for Khulisa growers, Contractors and Foresters as per Khulisa training matrix
- Evaluate training needs by assessment of infield operations and interviewing of staff and Managers if required
- Assist in the preparation of the training curriculum and align to Khulisa objectives
- Prepare activities where indicated on the facilitator materials
- Prepare prior to each class to ensure knowledge of the relevant unit standards, course materials and adherence to facilitator briefing and slides
- Ensure all necessary equipment is available and working before each session eg. projector, stationery, computer as indicated in facilitator briefing
- Assist with slides and course development when requested by the Project Manager.
- Give regular, written input into curriculum design and slides to ensure they can be improved for future project
- Order or print instructional material (e.g. training manuals and handouts)
- Ensure learners are notified in advance of training intervention
- Ensure that the venue, equipment and catering are efficiently organised
- Understand and comply with the SHEQ requirements of the job and identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Present the learning intervention
- Enrich courses with visual aids to engage trainees by organizing in-house and offsite activities, like presentations, job simulations and role-playing exercises, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Assess students, monitor, review and correct progress by checking Portfolio of Evidence (POE) on submission using the master copy
- Guide and support learners throughout facilitation
- Prepare and present at Grower field days and Farm schools
- Calculate and report on training costs and submit registers to Administration Clerk for capture on LMS
- Attend Management meetings as and when required to inform management of training program status
- Monitor attendance at training interventions reporting non-attendance.
- Monitor training matrix progress, identifying non-compliance and reporting the status on a monthly basis
- Report on training interventions and other activities carried out on a weekly basis
- Provide training and development reports to Management as required.
- Ensure all letters of competence and certificates are issuedrepare and present at Grower field days and Farm schools
- Good Communication Skills
- Leadership, Interpersonal Skills
- Planning, Organising and Innovation
- Ability to work independently and remotely
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS : QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Education Training and Development (ETD)
- National Diploma in Forestry, Agriculture or Horticulture would be advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Fluent in isiZulu and/or isiXhosa
Closing Date 20th February 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.