Forestry – Victoria Country Club Estate
Management Accountant ( HRL 16 )
Sappi Forests requires a Management Accountant to effectivly manage and administer the the SAP CO Module and to ensure accurate cost accounting records and compliance with budgets
This role reports in to the General Manager – Finance
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Monitor and verify cost allocations and rectify incorrect general ledger postings.
- Maintain the cost centre structure on SAP to monitor budgets allocated to Forests
- Provide feedback to users on cost queries to ensure accurate financial records
- Analyse cost variances to budget and compile a monthly variance analysis to track over and under expenditure
- Check and maintain limits of authority in SAP on a bi-annual basis to ensure compliance with allocated limits
- Compile, analyze, interpret and distribute accurate monthly reports accompanied by explanations on variances.
- Ensure the availability of accurate data, statistics, variable production costs and management reporting
- Review costs incurred during the month to identify costs that have not been processed
- Compile schedule of manufacturing overheads split by own tons and bought out tons to monitor performance of Khulisa, Resources and Own operations
- Prepare monthly departmental cost reports for inclusion in the Finance booklet
- Prepare upload of annual budget for certain departments by updating variable and fixed cost based on proposed plan and assists Financial Accountant with budget costing runs
- Review and obtain explanations for increases in budgeted amounts
- Monitor cost centre expenditure in respect of budget/actual expenses and notify relevant budget holders of over expenditure
- Process nursery sales for own plantations on SAP to ensure sales are recorded
- Balance nursery sales and tray accounts annually and charge out lost trays to contractors or plantations to recoup losses incurred
- Develop and submit proposals for new policies, procedures and expanded services to the General Manager Finance
- Investigate and propose changes to SAP
- Compile and distribute a list of all outstanding purchase orders to all departments so all orders not receipted can be rectified
- Compile report for non-compliance of purchase order procedures and follow up on reasons for non-compliance
- Review and follow up on all items on the clearing account to ensure that suppliers are paid timeously
- Compile and review all trade creditor/capex early payment requests to ensure compliance with Shared Services guidelines
- Review all contracts with assets to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee (IFRIC4)
- Manage the divisional procurement team in KZN and MPU according to set objectives.
- Manage the divisional cash book department according to set objectives.
- Manage the VCC office reception team in accordance with set objectives
The ideal candidate should have:
- National Diploma or Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Honours in Accounting/Cost Management preferable
- Relevant certification exams completed (such as CPA) preferable
- Completion of Articles would be advantageous
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a financial or costing position
- SAP experience advantageous
Closing Date: 24 December 2019
Susan Anne Kirkman
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.