LODGE MAINTENANCE MANAGER:
OPEN TO LESOTHO NATIONALS AND RESIDENTS ONLY
Reporting to the Lodge General Manager, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the onsite maintenance operations and gardens including the establishment of a preventative maintenance strategy.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior technical position
• Preferred minimum of a N6 diploma in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent qualification in air-conditioning and/or refrigeration and/or Electrical
• Previous experience in the 4/5-star hospitality industry an advantage
• Fluent in English.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
• Experience of managing a team
• All round knowledge of building / plant maintenance, tiling, plumbing, carpentry and gardens Key Skills and attributes
• Hands on management style
• Strong record keeping and process control.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Positive working attitude and ability to work in a team.
• Ability and willingness to work shifts and overtime when required.
• A motivated self-starter who works independently
• Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act Key areas of responsibility:
• Daily management of the workshop, maintenance & grounds department, servicing the property
• Implement and maintain preventative short-, medium- and long-term maintenance programs.
• Work closely with the General Manager and the Director of Projects/maintenance to develop work plans, costing and scheduling of maintenance work and projects.
• Weekly, Monthly, and quarterly reporting of works completed maintenance needs and performance of team.
• Managing the maintenance and workshop employees to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency in the department.
• Project managing special projects/developments/alterations as identified from time to time in the property.
• Managing all staff related issues in the department.
• Liaising with all heads of departments regarding maintenance requirements to ensure that maintenance requests are timeously and effectively dealt with
• Liaising with the General Manager to ensure the property meets required legal standards and meets the requirements set by insurers.
• Keeping and maintaining accurate records of jobs performed and invoicing if required.
• Training, mentoring and development of staff and students.
• Quality control of work performed on the property as well as public and back of house areas.
• Order supplies and equipment using authorized suppliers at “Best-Price” but highest quality.
• Maintain adequate stock levels of spares for property maintenance and the workshop.
• Ensure the safety of all employees and guests on the premises, in line with the requirements of the legislation
• Responsibility for overseeing careful management of all tools and equipment and implementing appropriate procedures around issuing equipment
• Responsible for insuring that all workshop areas and maintenance related back of house areas are clean and tidy at all times. Infrequent Tasks:
• To perform extra responsibilities outside the normal sphere of daily duties and working overtime when necessary
Salary: Dependent on experience
To Apply: Please send a covering letter including salary expectation and detailed CV with start and finish dates on position held in the past and reason for leaving each past position. to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is the 30th of October 2023, however rolling interviews will be conducted simultaneously and the opening will close if the right candidate is found.