CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES LESOTHO
ANTICIPATED FOOD FOR EDUCATION PROJECT
Reports to: Chief of Party.
About Catholic Relief Services (CRS):
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
You will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure all programs and operations have the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and key responsibilities:
- The Logistics Coordinator is a member of the supply chain management team, functioning as the custodian of donated commodities on an anticipated Food for Education Project.
- Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all the department’s activities and performing functions that relate to various government ministries and agencies such as customs and railways. S/he is to perform functions related to Call Forwards, food pipelines, loss claims, food entries and payment for transport of food commodities, reporting, capacity building and monitoring to ensure that counterparts effectively manage food.
- Coordinate with the supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services that meet the pipeline requirements. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labeling, branding, and marking.
- Provide regular coaching and support to CRS and partner staff and laborers to ensure they have the capacity to implement accurately, consistently, and transparently commodity logistics processes and to abide by security, safety, and health requirements.
- Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal. Consult with surveyors, C&F agents, the Transport Officer, partners, and other parties to ensure the timely receipts and distribution of goods.
- Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
- The responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator will be to keep the Supply Chain Manager and Chief of Party up to date on all supply chain management team activities. S/he will make certain that follow-ups on outside activities related to supply chain management are completed as scheduled. S/he is expected to recommend improvements where necessary.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or other relevant degree in the Social Sciences: Economics, Business Management, and Statistics. Additional professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the management of food warehouses, logistics, supply chain or procurement management preferably with an international organization.
- Knowledge of dynamics along the supply chains, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Good knowledge of clearing and forwarding processes in Lesotho and the region.
- Knowledge of donor regulations with respect to commodity management an added advantage.
- Solid working knowledge of Oracle, Windows, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driving License.
- Fluency in Sesotho and English.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15 %.
- Warehouse Officers
- Warehouse Assistants
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are citizens of Lesotho. Interested candidates should submit CV, cover letter and certified copies of academic qualifications, no later than October 5, 2022 at 14:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR. APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF THE SUBJECT LINE DOES NOT INDICATE THE POSITION. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.