DEPARTMENT: LIBRARY AND INFORMATION RESOURCE CENTRE
JOB TITLE: LIBRARY ASSISTANT(CIRCULATION DESK)X 2
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN
Under general supervision of Assistant Librarian, the Library Assistant is in charge of routine library services at the circulation desk, proper functioning of security systems, photocopying, and enforces rules and regulations on library users. Shall alternatively work day, night and weekends shifts.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Issues library materials at the circulation desk to ensure orderly exchange of information materials.
- Registers new members of the library
- Sends reminders for overdue books to ensure proper sharing of information
- Assists users with photocopying facilities to ensure orderly use of library equipment.
- Carries out current awareness services and Selective Dissemination of Information to ensure use of valuable current information
- Performs weeding and stocktaking activities for sustenance and maintenance of stock records.
- Assists in the orientation of new students to enlighten them on the appropriate use of library facilities.
- Enforces user discipline in the library to prevent theft, disorder and vandalism
- Controls use of periodicals for information sharing
Diploma in Library and Information Studies, plus a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the library environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Library Management System
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications which should include application letter, Curriculum Vitae with three referees, certified copies of educational certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below on or before 24th MAY, 2022 at 1600hrs.
Applications should be addressed and hand-delivered to Administration 1 Reception:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16