Purpose of the Job
To provide support and guidance to the Strategic Business Units and ensure legal compliance with statutory and other regulatory obligations. Further on identifies and develops legal risks mitigation strategies. The incumbent reports to the Legal Services Manager.
- Supports the Corporation’s Legal Compliance matrix and strategy
- Provides general legal advice to the structures of the Corporation including its subsidiaries
- Conducts legal research and make presentations on legal and regulatory developments
- Identifies and minimizes potential legal risks exposure
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates agreements and other legal documentation
- Prepares and appears in litigation cases
- Advises on and handle disciplinary cases for and behalf of the corporation???
- Prepares and implements effective conveyancing system
Knowledge, skills and behavioural attributes
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Knowledge in conveyancing (drafting, preparation for registration of deeds documents)
- Conversant with substantive law and court procedures
- Planning and organization skills
- Advocacy skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills Knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws.
- Appreciation of construction law and management of a tenancy relationship
- Research skills
- Drafting skills
- Report writing skills
- Minute taking skills
- Loyalty and ability to protect classified information
Qualification and Experience
LLB qualification or BA Law plus LLB with admission as an Advocate or Attorney of the Courts of Lesotho
3 years working experience preferably in corporate legal practice; Strong content of trade law will be added advantage.
Term of Contract
Permanent and Pensionable terms
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position
How to Apply:
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by educational certificates and transcripts in PDF FORMAT ONLY to [email protected]. Job title must be used as the subject heading. Closing date is Wednesday 18th August 2021 at 17:00.
To apply, candidates MUST download and fill an application form attached. Detailed job descriptions are also available on the website.
Enquires: HR Office – +266 2231 2012
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appoint suitable candidates that meet application requirements. No late applications will be accepted