Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the General Manager – Corporate Services (GM-CS), the job purpose is to be responsible to manage the Corporation’s compliance and legal and risk identification and mitigation strategy. Provide general legal and compliance advice to the Corporation including its subsidiaries. Furthermore to effectively manage litigation processes for the Corporation.
Term of contract
Permanent and pensionable terms of employment.
Qualifications and Experience
LLB qualification or BA Law plus LLB.
LLM will be added advantage
5 years’ working experience at the Managerial level, preferably in corporate legal practice. Strong knowledge and experience of trade law will be added advantage.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following functions:
- Leads and manages the Corporation’s Legal Compliance matrix and strategy
- Provides general legal advice to the structures of the Corporation including its subsidiaries
- Conducts legal research and make presentations on legal and regulatory developments
- Identifies and minimizes potential legal risks exposure
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates agreements and other legal documentation
- Leads and manages litigation processes
- Advises on and handle disciplinary cases for and behalf of the Corporation
- Develops and maintains client and institutional relationships, locally and internationally
- Supervises and manages Legal Division
Knowledge, skills and behavioural attributes
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Knowledge in conveyancing (drafting, preparation for registration of deeds documents)
- Conversant with substantive law and court procedures
- Planning and organization skills
- Advocacy skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Research skills
- Drafting skills
- Report writing skills
- Minute taking skills
- Loyalty and ability to protect classified information
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by a detailed CV with names and addresses of three referees to [email protected].To download application forms go to www.lndc.org.ls
Deadline is 03rd April 2021 Not later than 12 noon:
Enquires: [email protected] ,or (+266 2231 2012)
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appointed suitable that candidates that meet applications requirements. No late applications will be accepted.