Legal Manager C – IRC186731 at FNB Lesotho Star Lion Building, Maseru, Lesotho in FNB Lesotho Compliance
Ends 26 Jun 2020
- Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
- In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- Embrace the concept of Botho with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
To ensure that the Bank operates within the provisions of all applicable laws and regulations and Provide legal advice to the business as a whole.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification: LLB.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- A broad understanding of the banking industry and applicable legislation.
- Drafting and interpretation of contracts and legislation.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Provision of accurate advice to management on latest legislative amendments that could impact on the business.
- Research and provide legal opinion on a variety of issues and new business projects within the business to proactively identify, assess and manage legal risk.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including external attorneys and FNB Legal Services to ensure that business is in a position to obtain expert opinion on specialist areas of law.
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate the impact and legal implications of legal developments in the banking industry and related areas, including the activities of competitors, both bank and non bank, and recommend effective courses of action so that either a proactive stance may be adopted or potential threats may be averted by FNB Lesotho.
- Monitoring of changes in laws, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices, drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Development of materials and documentation including minimum standards, templates, guidelines, FAQ’s and processes.
- Development and maintenance of a network of experts to ensure communication of solutions, benefits, risks and innovations in area of specialisation.
- Effective drafting and negotiating of legal contracts and commercial agreements according to set frameworks.
- Monitor relevance of legal documentation to ensure consistency across business and ensure that all legal documentation is up to date at all times.