We are looking for an experienced and passionate Legal Counsel (Corporate/Commercial) to join our team. The chosen candidate will oversee the legal aspects of our business. As a key member of the team, you will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a varied and fast-paced environment. If you have what it takes, share our vision and ready to take on a challenge, we would like to hear from you.
The main duties and responsibilities among others include:
- Drafting & review of a variety of commercial and supplier contracts or any other legal documentation as necessary as well as the handling of all negotiations pertaining thereto;
- Assisting with all corporate matters such as drafting/preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, minutes of board meetings etc and ensuring group entities meet various company law requirements;
- Monitoring, conducting research and advising on legal and regulatory developments in relevant legal fields in various jurisdictions;
- Assisting with and advising on disputes and litigation in which the company is involved and working with external lawyers in connection therewith;
- Advice with respect to the company’s processes with regards to better regulation policies
- Assisting and advising on Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Advising the business on various legal matters as necessary and handling legal aspects of several projects undertaken by the business;
- Project lead the company’s US affiliation license applications.
- Ad hoc legal projects/duties as may be required from time to time;
- Law Degree in a European Jurisdiction
- Minimum of 2 years of previous working experience as an in-house lawyer or in private practice with a law firm
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time- management skills
- Hands- on approach to work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
You don’t live in Malta, and don’t want to relocate? No problem, you can choose whether you want to work from Malta or remotely from anywhere else as long as you can commit to working hours +/- 2hrs CET.