Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
We’re looking for exceptional Legal Intern will report to the Senior Counsel. This role will assist the Alliances, Product Development, Engineering, and Data Privacy Legal team with research, drafting legal documents, and maintaining corporate records. The Legal Intern will gain experience about Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, Compliance, and Corporate Governance.
We will support you in enhancing your skills & taking them to the next level with provided training, in fast-paced structure. We are proud of the team we have built and stay committed to continue on that journey, are you ready to join Hitachi Vantara?
The role is based in the Hitachi Vantara Office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
As an Intern in the Legal organization, you will:
- File, organize and summarize legal and corporate documents
- Create, update, and organize contract files (electronic and hard copy)
- Engage in detail-oriented data entry of historic contracts
- Manage database of templates
- Process new agreements for review by legal counsel and appropriate departments
- Work with internal and external customers related to contracts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage priority list of documents in legal review and contract negotiation.
- Provide general support and assistance to legal counsel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The with an ability to work discretely on a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Administrative or Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline desired.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently on a virtual team.
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Customer focused.
- Comfortable navigating new tools and technology.
- Ability to learn and apply quickly -as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain the high standard of integrity within the Legal Department.
- Ability to work well in a fast-past environment and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- A desire to have an understanding of, and to be passionate about, Hitachi Vantara’s products, services and business.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity strategy.