|POST TITLE||Lecturer II /Trade Instructor/Assistant Trade Instructor|
|DIVISION/DEPARTMENT||Academic – SET|
|REPORTS TO||HOP – ELECTRICAL INTALLATION||GRADE|
Under the general supervision of the Head of Programme, the LecturerII / Trade Instructor / Assistant Trade Instructor shall conduct lectures in his/her areas of specialization. He/she conducts curriculum review, internal moderation and research work. He/She is expected to take an active part in the upgrading and strengthening of all the activities of the Section and Department, and to participate in other professional activities of the Polytechnic to ensure effective training and development of the Polytechnic.
The key duties of the post are as follows :-
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials.
- Delivers lectures and conducts practical’s for 20 to 24 hours per week
- Prepares course outlines in the assigned courses and issues them to Students.
- Conducts tests and examinations and submits results to the HOD
- Participates in Internal moderation and curriculum review exercise
- Ensures discipline and counselling of students.
- Participates in research and development activities.
- Mentors junior staff members in carrying out their teaching responsibilities.
- Monitors students on industrial attachment to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Assists the Head of Department in the development of programme.
- The candidate in Electrical Engineering should be able to lecture the following subjects:
- Electronics 1 – 3
- Digital Systems 1 – 3
- Conducts electrical installation practicals
- Trade Technology
- Technical Drawing
Minimum of B.Eng, B. Tech OR B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent Plus Crafts Certificate in Electrical Installation with two (2) years Industrial or Teaching Experience.
M.Eng, M. Tech OR M.Sc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent specialising in both analog and digital electronics Plus Crafts Certificate in Electrical Installation.
Minimum of Crafts Certificate in Electrical installation or equivalent Plus Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering OR Advanced Technical Training Certificate in Electrical Installation with two (2) years Industrial or Teaching Experience.
ASSISTANT TRADE INSTRUCTOR
Minimum of Crafts Certificate in Electrical installation or equivalent with two (2) years Industrial or Teaching Experience.
Knowledge and skills Required:
- Good Communication Skills
- Report writing skills
- Good Interpersonal and Supervisory Skills
- Computer literacy
- Health and Safety
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their detailed applications, which should include Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts directly to the address provided below on or before Friday 19th March 2021, at 16:00 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- The closing date for receiving full applications and references is Friday 19th March, 2021 at 16:00 hours.