The Energy Research Centre of the Department of Physics & Electronics, Faculty of Science & Technology, offers a multidisciplinary MSc in Sustainable Energy programme which covers technical and socio-economics courses. Applications are invited from suitably qualified energy socio-economics experts for the position of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to take part in teaching and research in at least three of the following areas:
- Energy Economics & Project Finance
- Sustainable Energy Solutions for Communities
- Energy Entrepreneurship
- Energy Planning and Policy
Detailed information about these courses can be found at: https://erc.nul.ls/msc
- PhD in any relevant socio-economic discipline to the taught courses.
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching and research of energy socio-economic courses at postgraduate level. Teaching and research of technical renewable energy courses (wind, solar, hydro, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Research publications in reputable journals.
- Have worked or done consultancy for industry.
- Software modelling skills of energy related matters.
- Excellent communication skills: writing and presentations.
- Experience with writing grant proposals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lecturing in postgraduate in the fields specified above, designing and implementing related field work. Conducting research in relevant fields and supervising of students’ projects. Assisting in seeking funding opportunities (grants, consultancies, etc.) and writing winning proposals.
The University offers salaries and other benefits that are commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the applicant who shall qualify for the appointment.
TYPE OF CONTRACT
Permanent and Pensionable for Locals and Two (2) Years Contract for Non-Nationals.
OTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to [email protected] and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
Roma 180 – LESOTHO
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 18th August, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful