FACULTY OF EDUCATION
POST NO: 0915
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in English Language Education
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
• A PhD in English Language Education or Applied English
• A minimum experience of three (3) years of teaching courses in the required area in an institution of higher education; preferably on a fulltime basis
• A proven record of research, conferences and seminar presentations in the relevant area.
Duties and responsibilities
The Senior Lecturer/Lecturer will be responsible for the following:
• Designing courses, teaching and supervising research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
• Supervising Teaching Practice;
• Presenting relevant papers at national and international conferences;
• Undertaking research and publishing in the area of specialization;
• Diligently performing any other duties as shall be required by the
Department and Faculty.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and two Years’
Contract for Non-Locals
Information Required from Candidates
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) and certified copies
of educational certificates and transcripts.
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 16th April, 2021.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.