The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
Post No. 0826: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Educational Management and Administration
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
-The applicant must hold a minimum of PhD in Educational Management and Administration.
-She or he must have at least five years of teaching experience at tertiary level and a demonstrable record of supervising and examining Masters and PhD students.
- To be appointed as a Senior Lecturer
• Have a fairly good research out of at least one journal paper per year in an accredited journal in the past three years.
• The overall research output must be no less than 3 journal papers in accredited journals.
• The applicant must already be in the rank of Senior lecturer in their previous employment or she/he will be appointed in a junior position for at least two years.
• Knowledge of Learning Management System will be an added advantage.
- To be appointed as a Lecturer
a. A minimum of PhD is preferred.
b. Experience of postgraduate supervision must be evident.
c. At least one journal publication.
A successful candidate will be expected to:
• Mentor young professionals in the department and faculty.
• Teach relevant courses at undergraduate and post graduate levels.
• Supervise master’s dissertations and PhD thesis.
• Undertake research and publish in the relevant area of specialisation, and
• Perform any other duties as shall be determined from time to time by the
Department and Faculty.
Permanent and pensionable for locals and two years renewable contract for expatriates
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with
qualification and experience.
Type of Contract:
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non-Locals.
Information required from Candidates:
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail).
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
f) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 9TH October, 2020.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.