POST TITLE : LECTURER – I (POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING) 2 POSITIONS
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : ACADEMIC – SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
REPORTS TO : HEAD OF PROGRAMME GRADE
Under general supervision of the Head of Programme, the Lecturer 1 is responsible for teaching and monitoring of students as well as monitoring them on Work Integrated Learning (WIL). Conducts curriculum review and programme design, internal examination moderation, and also assists in the overall development of the programme.
The key duties of the post are as follows :-
- Prepares lessons and/or training materials, delivers lectures and/or conducts practical and laboratory sessions for 20 to 24 hours per week.
- Prepares lesson plans, lesson notes, marking schemes, record of work and record of assessments for the subjects taught and keep files for future reference.
- Assists the Head of Programme in the development of the programme.
- Conducts tests and examinations and keep updated records.
- Monitors students on Work Integrated Learning (WIL) to obtain feedback on their progress.
- Conducts and supervises research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and/or electronic media
- Participates in curriculum review and programme design.
- Facilitating departmental community engagement projects.
- Assists with administrative and other duties as prescribed by the Head of programme or Representative as delegated.
- Performs internal moderation of examination papers.
- Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participates in his/her field of study for the development and recognition of the institution.
- Keeps abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Performs administrative duties such as serving as department head
- Participates in campus and community events
- Carries out research.
NB* Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
- Two years professional working experience
- Two years teaching experience in tertiary level will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum supervision.
- Be able to work with students from different back round.
- Be willing to supervise students for extra – mural activities.
- M-Tech in Power Systems Engineering / MSc in Power Systems Engineering/ M-Eng in Power Systems Engineering.
Knowledge and skills Required:
- Team player
- A strong passion for teaching and research
- A fluent and articulate communicator who is flexible and responsive.
- A self – directed and goal-oriented doer.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Capable to lecture: Power Systems
Control Systems Engineering
High Voltage Engineering
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should hand-deliver their detailed applications to the LP Human Resources Office which is situated at the Administration 1 Building. The applications should be accompanied by: Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Educational Certificates and academic transcripts on or before Friday, 26th MAY, 2023 at 1500 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
P.O. Box 16