The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified energetic candidates for the following post:
INSTITUTE OF EXTRA MURAL STUDIES:
Post No. 0675: Lecturer in the Department of Research, Evaluation and Media (REM)
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters degree in Communications, Communications and Cultural Studies, Journalism, Film Production Studies, Media and Cultural Studies, Integrated Communications or any related field in Communications.
- PhD in a relevant field would be preferred.
- Qualifications and experience in an Open Distance Learning (ODL) would be preferred.
A suitable candidate is expected to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of diverse backgrounds, and will be expected to:
- Design relevant programmes in the Department.
- Conduct research, programme evaluation and publish findings.
- Develop learning material for use by students in the Department.
- Teach in programmes offered by REM and related IEMS programmes/courses.
- Provide the necessary guidance and counselling to students as may be required.
- Participate in designing and developing curricula for programmes offered by IEMS.
- Participate in the IEMS transformation process into an Open Distance Learning (ODL) hub
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 18th April, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.