The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following post(s):
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
Post No. 6097: Lecturer in the Department of Nutrition
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Community Nutrition Specialist with Master’s Degree in Community Nutrition
- Approximately three years or more experience in an academic and/or research area and five years or more experience in field exposure in Community Nutrition.
- PHD in Community Nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Effective teaching and leadership in teaching-learning
- Effective research and leadership in specialist community based programs
- Implementation of knowledge and skills inside and outside the university.
- The ability to teach the following areas in BSc. Nutrition programme: Nutrition, Community Nutrition, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition.
- A proven commitment to teaching and learning, including a willingness to become involved in students’ educational development and wellbeing.
- A track record of research activity, including reviewed publications, professional communication.
- A high level of professional and ethical conduct.
- Experience in leading professional projects and/or research teams
- Good liaison with relevant professional bodies and community groups and/or professional practices.
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to act independently as well as cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong personal qualities and a collegial approach that contributes to the development and maintenance of a positive academic environment.
- The desire to keep on learning and improving as an efficient academic;
- The ability to use relevant nutrition-related software programs and Computer literacy.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 13th April 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.