The University of Johannesburg is actively recruiting for a Lecturer (2 positions) in the department of Marketing Management. The Department of Marketing Management has just been voted as the most impactful on the African continent and prides itself on the quality of its lecturers. The Department of Marketing Management’s core focus is to equip students through designing future forward comprehensive academic programmes that are aligned with industry standards. UJ is the only residential comprehensive university that offers a full spectrum on Marketing and Retailing qualifications, from certificate to doctoral level.
The Department is only one of a few institutions that offer qualifications in Retailing. The BCom Honours Marketing Management qualification was judged to be the benchmark programme in South Africa by the Peer Review Panel. The Department of Marketing Management strongly believes in establishing relationships with key-role players within the Marketing field and industry to stay ahead of trends and developments within the marketing sphere.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Lecture in any of the related Marketing fields on any of the UJ campuses
- Participate in research activities of the College/School/Department.
- Participate in community engagement activities of the department.
- Perform departmental and other administrative academic duties as required.
- Perform Departmental, School and College committee duties.
- Conduct research and regularly publish in accredited academic journals and attend conferences.
- A Master’s degree in Marketing Management (on NQF 9 level) or a relevant equivalent NQF 9 qualification.
- Proven excellence in academic study record.
- Proven knowledge and experience in both Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methodologies at postgraduate level.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Proven ability to think critically, analytically and laterally across disciplines and sectors (transdisciplinary).
- Fluent in written and oral English communication.
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Excellent teaching skills and good interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for Food Technology, Research and Community Engagement.
- Experience in the integration of ICT in teaching and learning as well as electronic assessment techniques e.g. Blackboard.
- A doctorate in Marketing Management (on NQF 10 level) or a relevant equivalent NQF 10 qualification.
- Applications with lecturing experience will receive preference.
Please note that the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT and NOT for application purposes.
Enquiries regarding job content: Dr. Marius Wait (HOD), Tel: 011 559-1276
Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Rev Eugene-Joshua Mouton (HR Business Partner), Tel: 011 559-3878
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. For this post candidates from the designated groups in terms of the 1998 Employment Equity Act, including designated women, will be preferred. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.