DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
POST NUMBER: 0701
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The applicant must hold the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health;
• Masters degree in Environmental Health or Public Health or a related field;
• PhD and publications for Senior Lecturer is a requirement but will be an added advantage for the Lecturer position.
• Work experience of at least 2 years in the field of Environmental Health/Public Health is required;
• Two (2) years’ teaching experience in a tertiary institution is a requirement for Senior Lecturer but will be an added advantage for Lecturer.
Knowledge and skills
The following are required
• Advanced computer skills are highly essential;
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems is a requirement;
• Applied research skills.
• Teaching and lecturing as well as the ability to design, execute and evaluate assessments;
• Knowledge of the Environmental Health Scope of Practice;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Guiding, assisting and supporting students;
• Ability to manage conflict;
• Excellent team player.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Head of Department, the incumbent is responsible for teaching, research and interaction with communities for community service.
The duties are as follows:
• Teaching and assessing undergraduate courses in Environmental Health;
• Participating in examination moderation;
• Providing counselling to students to strengthen training and development within the department;
• Developing new programmes and conducting curriculum review;
• Undertaking supervision and assessment of student research projects;
• Publishing of articles and book chapters and present papers at conferences;
• Serving in committees within the University and external professional organizations;
• Engaging in community outreach; and
• Carrying out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Two Years’ Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 12th April, 2021.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.